Research and Development
Air Traffic Control (ATC) Simulator
ATC Simulator provides a realistic training environment for the training of air traffic controllers. The training simulators modular design makes it a scalable and cost efficient turnkey training solution, suitable for all types of ATC training.
Modules of ATC Simulator are as follows:
- ATC Tower Simulator
- ATS Radar Simulator
- Voice Communication System Simulator
- Exercise Supervisor
- Pseudo Pilot
- Simulator Engine Server
The core features of HTB ATC Tower Simulator are the following:
- Ground and tower simulation.
- The ATC Tower Simulator meet the two most important training criteria for a ATC tower training environment:
i)Highly realistic scenario generation.
ii)Adjustable time of day, weather and seasonal conditions.
- Movement area (runway, taxiway and apron), tower, approach and en-route control simulation capability.
- Realistic aircraft performance model.
- Spontaneous interface for pilot and exercise control.
- Software designed to be easily adapted to controller and supervisor.
- Complete toolset for development of site and scenario data.
- All software are PC based using Microsoft Windows/ Linux.
- Photorealistic interpretations of International Airports functional all over the world
- Multiple views, including out-the-window tower view.
- Option for both beginners and experts mode.
- Supervised by licensed professionals.
- Based on ICAO regulations.
HTB ATC Tower Simulator is capable to handle all air and aerodrome traffic of an operational airport. The operational features of this simulator are the following:
- Many different kinds of Aircraft Models.
- Realistic sound effect of aircraft (e.g. take off, landing).
- Independent movement of 50 aircrafts at a time.
- Realistic aircraft performance model.
- Aircraft aerodynamics simulation.
- Development of Ground traffic activity with service vehicles moving according to the traffic: pushback, fuel truck, luggage trucks, before, during and after the aircraft arrival.
- Multiple events generation at the same time to evaluate an ATCO’s decision making ability.
- Gate assignments for airlines.
- Live road traffic in the airports vicinity.
- Aircraft lights based on real circumstances.
- Operation of airport lighting system for runways, taxiways, parking areas, approach and Aerodrome Identification Beacon.
- Multiple views: tower, radar and 'binocular' to easily locate and control aircraft and ground vehicles.
- Male/female digitized pilots’ prompts where applicable.
- Realistic environment with beautiful sunset, sunrise, moonlight, darkness etc.
- Display of Weather Information
- Challenging and adjustable weather conditions: rain, snow, thunderstorms, fog, and time of the day.
- Realistic clouds movements.
- Aircraft lists display information on aircraft at various states of flight. The lists can be resized and the information that is displayed can be modified.
- Display of Runway Status and Runway Condition Ratings
- Displaying capability of the flight plan routes for up to 10 independently selected aircraft for both assumed and non-assumed correlated aircraft.
- Display of aeronautical maps and restricted areas in Pseudo Pilot & Controller Workstation
- Development of incidents and emergency conditions, such as aircraft explosion, fire and/or smoke in the cabin, fire and/or smoke in the cargo bay, engine on fire, gear on fire, gear broken, aircraft- aircraft collision, aircraft-vehicle collision, birds strike and belly landing.
- One Exercise Supervisor workstation to control and create scenarios.
- Three (03) pseudo pilot work stations for tower, radar and area controller individually.
- Communication in between the trainee controllers and pseudo pilots are done through integrated Voice Communication System (VCS).
- Three (03) tower controller work stations to perform to perform safe landing and safe takeoff of multiple aircraft.
- QDM board for displaying information.
- High definition realistic 3D view generation of tower view with 270 degree horizontal field of view (FOV)