Research and Development
Advanced Simulator Technology
Hi-Tech Bangla has extensive experience in developing advanced simulator through research and development for its customer. The major legacy simulators are Advanced Radar Control Simulator, Electronic Warfare Simulator and Air Traffic Controller Simulator.
1. Advanced Radar Control Simulator
The Advanced Radar Controller Simulator (ARCS) provides efficient, comprehensive training for Radar and its various operations, Advanced Weapon System, Ground Base Air Defenses etc. The ARCS also simulates different properties and functionalities of fighter aircraft i.e.F-16,
F-17, MiG29 and other worlds most advanced and sophisticated fighter aircrafts. The background of the simulator is integrated with maps of the world and radar and different types of air defense resources i.e. aircraft, weapon system, air bases, runways, fuel dumps etc. can be deployed at different locations of the map. Users log into ARCS as particular user i.e. Instructor, Student, and Pilot and practice interception.
I. Advanced Radar Control Simulator Modules
- Radar Simulator.
- Background World Map.
- Integrated Audio Communication.
- War Gaming.
- Ground Controlled Interception.
- Electronic Counter Measure.
- Computer Guided Interception.
- Training and Air Battle Area Management Tools.
- Weather Simulation.
- Single Repository of Radars, Fighters and other Air Defense Resources.
- Customizable User Interface
A. Radar Simulator
The ARCS simulates Radar display of Ground Radar Station. The Radar Simulator displays objects within its scope and detects friendly fighter or enemy aircraft by simply looking its IFF (Identification of Friends and Foe). It displays the simulated Cloud, Wind Weather environment and shows drifting aircraft accordingly. It is equipped with Electronic Counter-Counter Measures (ECCM) to counter Electronic Counter Measures introduced by enemy aircraft and also displays the resulting ECCM and ECM effect.
B. Background World Map
The ARCS Simulator is integrated with background Terrain Map of the World as well as Border Map of the World. The Terrain map shows roads, highways, rail track, area map of particular place, river flows etc. in its background. The Border map shows borders of particular countries. The Simulator changes background map display according to user’s choice of Terrain Map or Border map.
C. Integrated Audio Communication
The ARCS is integrated with digital audio commu nication system which facilitates the voi ce communication between ground radar instructor and pilot
D. War Gaming
With two controller controll ing their own student i.e. pilots, an extra master controller named Exercise Director distributes air defense resources between controllers and initiates a war game between two countries where a country is represented by a controller with its students.
E. Ground Radar Controlled Interception (GRCI) practice and evaluation
By simulating the radar scope of a radar station, the ARCS ground radar controller commands a pilot in air to engage with a target / enemy through audio communication. A controller can perform as many interception a s he/she likes with recording facility .
F. Electronic Counter Measure
The ARCS simulates the Radar Jamming from
Electronic Counter Measures by enemy
aircraft. An enemy aircraft within the Radar
can jam the radar by sending similar
signal whose frequency is
equal to that of
radar signal. An enemy aircraft can perform
different kinds of ECM:
Spot ECM:Jams the portion of radar
quadrant on which
Sweep ECM:Jams the portion of radar
quadrant on which aircraft moves with similar
sweep like aircraft signal.
Chaff ECM:Jams the portion of radar
with similar aircraft signal.
Barrage ECM:Jams the portion of radar
quadrant on which aircraft moves with
ng signal band.
G. Computer Guided Interception
The ARCS provides interception training to its users. Interception involves engagement of fighter aircraft with enemy aircraft for enemy repulsion or destruction. The ARCS teaches basic Interception tactics through Artificial Intelligence. Users just select enemy aircraft, fighter aircraft and tactics for Interception and the Simulator then produces the necessary interception training.
G. Training and Air Battle Area Management Tools
Often intercept ion is carried out within particular Battle field or Training area. To do that, this Simulator provides necessary Toolbox to draw Training area and Battle field. With those tools, users can draw rectangular shaped Training area, triangular shaped, polygona l shaped, curvy Training area with dotted, thick, thin, color options.
F. Weather Simulation
The ARCS simulates cloud, wind etc. weather scenario within radar scope. Here three different Clouds can be simulated within radar. Those are Low Cloud, Medium Cloud and Large Cloud where Low Clouds are of small volume and less dense and Large Cloud are of bigger volume with much density.
A. Basic Advanced Radar Operation Training
The inclusion of radars of different type and capabilities i.e. Detection range, detection height, range resolution, ARCS simulates the detection of enemy or target within its scope, weather simulation, interception planning, electronic counter measures etc.
B. Fighter Controller Operation Training
With help of library data of worlds most advanced fighters, the ARCS simulates fighters’ movement, its turning characteristics at different banking, enemy or target engagement etc.
C. Air Defense Training
Enemy within own territory can be destructive and the ARCS provides Air Defense system to encounter enemies. With the help of layered air defense system like, surface to air missile, anti - aircraft artillery, combat air patrol, the ARCS simulates the defense of important structures, key point of a country.
D. GRCI in student and classroom environment
A ground radar controller controls a pilot in air through audio communication and it can also control multiple students in classroom environ ment.
III. Key Features
- Customizable User Interfaces
- Library of Advanced Radar System, Fighter Aircraft and other Air Defense Resources
- Multiple Radar Displays with User Contro
- Realistic Cloud, Wind Weather Modelling
- Electronic Counter and Counter - Counter Measures
- Modern Fighter Display with sta ndard Info
- Identification of Friends and Foe (IFF)
- Various Fighter Formation and Formation Flying
- Easy to use Interception Planning Tools
- Computer Guided Interception
- Game Recording and Playback Capabilities
- Audio Communication between Pilot and Ground Rad ar Station
- Advanced Weapon Control System
Option – A
This Simulator Contain Basic Feature of AD Radar Simulator, Ground Controlled
Interception and Communication.
Option – B
This Simulator Contain the Full Feature of AD Radar Simulator, Ground Controlled Interception, Communication
Option – C
This Simulator Contain the Feature of AD Radar Simulator, Ground Controlled Interception, Communication, and WAR Gaming and new customized features.
2. Electronic Warfare Simulation System (EWSS)
HTB’s Electronic Warfare Simulation System (EWSS) is a computer based Theoretical and Operation training platform for academic learning and simulation of Electronic Communication (ECOM) and Electronic Warfare (EW) devices.
I. The objectives of EWSS are to perform followings:
- Individual Training on electronic communication devices
- Simulation of Electronics Warfare Equipment/Gadget such as Radio/Signal Jammer, Radio Interception System
- Class Room training environment for group/operation based training
- War time exercise: A complete Simulation of War Scenario
II. The EWSS performs following operational activities:
- Train individuals/students on various Electronic Communication and Electronic Warfare Devices/Systems.
- Theoretical, Operational Training for ECOM and EW Devices/Systems
- Create Simulation Environments
i) “Classroom Environment” for multimedia based interactive training for individual/Student or group of students and
ii) “War Time Exercise Environment” of Simulation which will be used to train individual/student from standalone platform to a group work for War Game practice.
III.Modules OF EWSS
The EWSS has two major modules:
i)Interactive Multimedia Training Segment (IMTS)
ii) Exercise Segment (EXSEG)
Each module may have several sub modules capable of performing various simulation activities within the module. Modules are created to simulate of different operational characteristics and features of Electronic Warfare. Modules are expendable and their capabilities can be updated time to time. Most of the modules will be designed to run independently without the help of other modules but some modules may be dependent on others.
IV.Electronic Warfare Simulator(EWS) Features:
- Standalone environment for Device functionality testing.
- Real life Communication device interface.
- Computer generated jamming facility.
- Collaboration mode for real life EWS experience.
- Readily available Standard communication devices simulation.
- Possible to add different communication device as per user need.
3. Air Traffic Control (ATC) Simulator
ATC Simulator provides a realistic training environment for the training of air traffic controllers. The training simulators modular design makes it a scalable and cost efficient turnkey training solution, suitable for all types of ATC training.
I. Modules of ATC Simulator are as follows:
- ATC Tower Simulator
- ATS Radar Simulator
- Voice Communication System Simulator
- Exercise Supervisor
- Pseudo Pilot
- Simulator Engine Server
The core features of HTB ATC Tower Simulator are the following:
- Ground and tower simulation.
- The ATC Tower Simulator meet the two most important training criteria for a ATC tower training environment:
i)Highly realistic scenario generation.
ii)Adjustable time of day, weather and seasonal conditions.
- Movement area (runway, taxiway and apron), tower, approach and en-route control simulation capability.
- Realistic aircraft performance model.
- Spontaneous interface for pilot and exercise control.
- Software designed to be easily adapted to controller and supervisor.
- Complete toolset for development of site and scenario data.
- All software are PC based using Microsoft Windows/ Linux.
- Photorealistic interpretations of International Airports functional all over the world
- Multiple views, including out-the-window tower view.
- Option for both beginners and experts mode.
- Supervised by licensed professionals.
- Based on ICAO regulations.
III. Operational Features
HTB ATC Tower Simulator is capable to handle all air and aerodrome traffic of an operational airport. The operational features of this simulator are the following:
- Many different kinds of Aircraft Models.
- Realistic sound effect of aircraft (e.g. take off, landing).
- Independent movement of 50 aircrafts at a time.
- Realistic aircraft performance model.
- Aircraft aerodynamics simulation.
- Development of Ground traffic activity with service vehicles moving according to the traffic: pushback, fuel truck, luggage trucks, before, during and after the aircraft arrival.
- Multiple events generation at the same time to evaluate an ATCO’s decision making ability.
- Gate assignments for airlines.
- Live road traffic in the airports vicinity.
- Aircraft lights based on real circumstances.
- Operation of airport lighting system for runways, taxiways, parking areas, approach and Aerodrome Identification Beacon.
- Multiple views: tower, radar and 'binocular' to easily locate and control aircraft and ground vehicles.
- Male/female digitized pilots’ prompts where applicable.
- Realistic environment with beautiful sunset, sunrise, moonlight, darkness etc.
- Display of Weather Information
- Challenging and adjustable weather conditions: rain, snow, thunderstorms, fog, and time of the day.
- Realistic clouds movements.
- Aircraft lists display information on aircraft at various states of flight. The lists can be resized and the information that is displayed can be modified.
- Display of Runway Status and Runway Condition Ratings
- Displaying capability of the flight plan routes for up to 10 independently selected aircraft for both assumed and non-assumed correlated aircraft.
- Display of aeronautical maps and restricted areas in Pseudo Pilot & Controller Workstation
- Development of incidents and emergency conditions, such as aircraft explosion, fire and/or smoke in the cabin, fire and/or smoke in the cargo bay, engine on fire, gear on fire, gear broken, aircraft- aircraft collision, aircraft-vehicle collision, birds strike and belly landing.
- One Exercise Supervisor workstation to control and create scenarios.
- Three (03) pseudo pilot work stations for tower, radar and area controller individually.
- Communication in between the trainee controllers and pseudo pilots are done through integrated Voice Communication System (VCS).
- Three (03) tower controller work stations to perform to perform safe landing and safe takeoff of multiple aircraft.
- QDM board for displaying information.
- High definition realistic 3D view generation of tower view with 270 degree horizontal field of view (FOV)
4. Bell Jet Ranger 206 L4 Simulator
I. Main Features:
- The cockpit will be a refurbished actual cockpit
- High fidelity flight model validated by actual 206 flight data and approved by experienced 206 Helicopter pilots
- Custom Bangladesh visual database
- 3 airports will be details
- Other ICAO airports will be present
- Easy to use Instructor Station
- EEasy to start/shutdown
- Low maintenance
II. Dom Features:
- 206 simulator Dome option is based on the already proven 206 simulator delivered to VZ Army
- 210°x90° 6-channel rear projection dome visual system
- Special 6-DOF Helo-motion system
III. Enclosure Features:
- 206 simulator in Enclosure option is based on the already proven 206 simulator delivered to VZ Army
- 200°x65° 3-channel rear projection cylindrical visual system
- 6-DOF low profile motion system
IV. General Overview :
- The custom built Simulator is a tool that allows for training and maintaining proficiency under VMC, simulated IMC and VFR and IFR conditions without the use of the actual aircraft.
- The Simulator accurately resembles the cockpit, instrumentation, caution system and flight controls. The visual database will encompass the entire country of Bangladesh (fly around world +70°/-70° latitude).
- The Simulator incorporates an Instructor Operating Station (IOS) which is mounted on a swivel allowing the instructor to sit behind the left or right seats or in the cockpit with the trainee. The IOS is controlled by a wireless keyboard, wired keypad, touch-screen or both. Using the keyboard or keypad, the Simulator can be controlled by the instructor or by a solo pilot.
V. Instructor Operator Features :
- Entire cockpit and visual scene can be viewed from IOS.
- Controllable via touch-screen monitor or a handheld keypad
- Instructor can make inputs from IOS :
a. Real time mission parameters
which affect aircraft performance,
i.e. weight and balance
b. Training mission parameters such
as departure airport, time of day,
c. Environmental Conditions
VI. Simulator in Enclosure
- Enclosure’s Required space
a. 22ft by 22ft and requires a 2ft (0.61m) foot aisle on all sides for clearance
b. The FTD enclosure has a height of 6.5ft (1.98m).
- Installation Requirements
a. <82 amps at 220-240v/50Hz
b. An air-conditioned/heated environment.
c. A dust-free environment
VII. Possible Training Features :
- Proper Procedures
a. Normal checklist
b. Engine start
c. Engine shutdown
- IFR / Navigation
a. Instrument flying
b.Navigational flying (GPS/VOR/ILS/GS
- Emergency Training (Malfunctions
a. Engine related failures
b. Hot Starts
c. Caution lights
e. Flight Control/Transmission/Tail
a. Mission rehearsals
b. Situational awareness